Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two Breakfast Ideas, New kitchen gadget

Love this gadget for quick microwave breakfast dishes
Not sure what it is called.  I just call it my egg muffin thingie, ha!  I got it in the microwave section at Walmart. Pretty cheap.  I have two uses for it on my video below.  A 2 min. 30 sec. breakfast casserole, and a 1 min. 40 sec. english muffin.  I'm thinking a person could get creative with it and find some other ways to use it also.  I'm all for simple you know?  Fast and simple.  This is what I need in my life!  And who doesn't?  
The english muffin I make in it comes from Jennifer Eloff's "One Minute Bread, the Next Minute Toast". I use a variation of her recipe on here that works for me.  I've posted it before here.  So I won't post the recipe again.  Only I used 2 tsp. of coconut oil in that one and here I only use one.  I like it with one tsp. better.  One could make a simple omelet with this gadget also and a toasted english muffin and make it into an egg sandwich as well.  





Breakfast Casserole:

1/4 cup (approximately) of low carb stuffing (made from almond bread
1/4 cup half and half
1 large egg
dash dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 sausage link (or bacon if you prefer)
shredded cheese (enough to cover)

Put the stuffing in the bottom of the microwave muffin container
Mix half and half, egg, dry mustard, and salt and pepper well and pour over the stuffing.
Top with cut up sausage or crumbled bacon.
Top that with shredded cheese and microwave for 2 min. 30 sec. approximately, or until it is done in the center.
Slide out onto a plate and enjoy!

Nutrition info will depend on your stuffing mix.  I have not figured out the carb count yet, sorry.  If you use the almond bread for stuffing though, it is very low! 

2 comments:

  1. I will look for this when I go to WalMart his week...what a nifty gadget for all kinds of quick meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very handy! I took it with on a trip this last weekend staying in a motel it was great! I brought the egg mix in a container and my other ingredients and made the breakfast casserole in their microwave.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...