Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hamburger and Mushroom Stroganoff with Mashed Cauliflower

I had no intentions of blogging this tonight, but decided to because it turned out so yummy good!  So I have to apologize for my poor quality picture, which I took from my old camera.  From now on I will be using my new Nikon COOLPIX L120 14.1MP 21X Ultra Zoom Camera which I got a pretty cool deal on.  We were able to bring in an ad and they matched it so I got my camera for $216 rather than their sale price.  But I have yet to get it out of the box and put in the batteries and use it.  Just have been too busy!  


So I'm getting side-tracked here.  Back to the food.  I had this for dinner tonight.  Needed something to throw together fast.  I had just gotten an order from Netrition and tried some of the Walden Farm's products, so I used their alfredo sauce in this.  I must say I was not disappointed!  And if their claim is true, of no calories, and no carbs, (which puzzles me), then it's a pretty good deal for everyone.  It's also gluten free.


I hastily threw this together, and did the best I could to write down the recipe as soon as I finished eating.  It went really well over mashed cauliflower and for the non-low carbers, I made mashed potatoes, and made some steamed broccoli with melted butter seasoned with minced garlic and mustard powder, and a tbs. of lemon juice. 



                      
* Exported from MasterCook *

        Hamburger and Mushroom Stroganoff with Mashed Cauliflower

Recipe By     :Ginny Larsen
Serving Size  : 5  (approximately)
Categories    : Beef                            Main dish

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1        pound  lean ground beef
  8        ounces  mushrooms -- canned or fresh
  1        jar  Walden Farms alfredo sauce -- (no calories or carbs)
  3        ounces  cream cheese
  1        teaspoon  onion powder
  1        teaspoon  garlic powder
            salt and pepper -- to taste
                        Mashed Cauliflower
  1        pound  cauliflower -- (I use frozen)
  1/4     cup  kefir
  2        tablespoons  butter
 1/2      teaspoon  salt -- (or to taste)

Place cauliflower in a microwavable dish and microwave on high for 10 minutes or until cooked soft.  While it is cooking, using a large frying pan, brown the ground beef.  While it is browning, place the mushrooms in a food processor and pulse a few times, just to roughly chop them.  Or chop by hand. 

Add the mushrooms to the ground beef, and stiry and fry a couple minutes longer and then add the alfredo sauce, cream cheese, onion and garlic powders, and salt and pepper.

Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.  While this is simmering, place the cauliflower that has been cooked, into your food processor and process until smooth.  Add the kefir, butter, and salt, and process some more until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes.  If you need to add more kefir do so.  

Scoop about 1/2 cup of the mashed cauliflower onto your plate and top it with the stroganoff.  

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Per 5 Servings: 1 serving = 383 Calories; 30g Fat (70.1% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber


2 comments:

  1. So where do you find Walden Farms alfredo sauce and what exactly are the ingredients in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.allstarhealth.com/de_p_ref/54997/bing54997/Walden_Farms_Alfredo_Sauce.htm

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...