Sunday, November 20, 2011

Two Minute Microwave Coffee Cake

I got up yesterday morning, wanting something more than my usual cheese omelet.  I love my cheese omelet but needed a change.  Coffee cake sounded good.  I had made a pan of coffee cake the week before but that was gone and I didn't want to make a whole pan that takes an hour to wait for.  So I tried an idea from the minute muffin recipes, and did this 2 minute coffee cake.  It turned out really good.

This actually makes 2 nice servings. You can make it in what ever shaped container you have.  I used a cereal bowl and cut it in half. 

Very nice and moist inside, topped with a delicious cinnamon topping.  Not only is it very tasty and sweet, but it is has 6 g protein and 5 g of dietary fiber, and only 3 useable carbs per serving.  And almond flour and coconut flour are both so good for you!  So you don't have to feel guilty about having coffee cake for breakfast.  Just enjoy it!!  You're truly getting a healthy start for your day.


           



             TWO MINUTE MICROWAVE COFFEE CAKE


2 tablespoons  almond flour, Honeyville
1 tablespoon  coconut flour
5 packets  truvia or equal to 3 1/2 tbsp sweetener (edited, 6/18/2014)
1/2 teaspoon  vanilla
1/4 teaspoon  baking powder
1/8 teaspoon  salt
1 large  egg
1 tablespoon  coconut oil (or butter), melted
2 tablespoons  kefir (or buttermilk, or just water)
water, (just enough for consistency)
                        Topping
1 1/2 tablespoons  almond flour, Honeyville
2 packets  Truvia, equal to 1 1/2 tsp sugar (edited, 6/18/2014)
1 teaspoon  xylitol
1/2 teaspoon  cinnamon
1 tablespoon  butter (cold)

In a cereal bowl that is microwaveable, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.  Make a well in the center and add egg, melted coconut oil (or butter), kefir (or buttermilk or other liquid), and whisk together briskly until smooth.  It will be stiff.  Blend in enough water to make a cake batter consistency.

 Topping:  Blend almond flour, Truvia, xylitol, and cinnamon together in another small bowl.  Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until it is crumbly.  Spread on top of batter.

Microwave on high for 2 minutes approximately.  My microwave is 1000 watts and 2 minutes is perfect.  Test for doneness.  Cool a minute or two and serve.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 servings (Per Serving): 304 Calories; 29g Fat (81.7% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : 3 net carbs per serving

If you want a whole collection of great recipes, all low-carb and gluten free, buy all 5 volumes here: http://amongfriends.us/GINNY.php

For some food for the soul check out Ginny's Place

16 comments:

  1. Oh be still my heart! This looks so good, and i am making it for breakfast tomorrow. Thank you so much for the recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, just found a typo this morning on this recipe!!! I'm sorry if it did not turn out for anyone. It should have read in the cake ingredients 1 tbsp of oil or butter, not 2! I changed it now, so I hope this did not cause problems for anyone. :( Sometimes no matter how many times I go over something I find mistakes later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was incredible. I can't believe I had to share half of it with my husband! :P

    Thank you for such an easy treat. I can see myself whipping many of these up in the future.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and shared with your hubby too! :)

      Delete
  5. LOL Cindy! Glad you and your husband enjoyed it! It's always hard turning down the second half isn't it. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny...as you know, this was my go-to treat for Christmas today, and it delivered!!! MMMM!!! Thanks for posting, and I pray you havea great Christmas as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great Christmas too Heidi! I'm so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  7. I'm making this for breakfast in the morning! Miss your blogging! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! Getting back to it slowly! :)

      Delete
  8. I do not have xylitol, what else can I use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use all truvia or any other granulated sweetener that you have. I like those that are a combination of stevia and erythritol

      Delete
  9. This was wonderful ! I ate the whole thing and called it a meal LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...