Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Sundae



Such an easy, quick ice cream recipe that you don't have to wait long for at all!  It comes right out of the ice cream freezer as a soft serve consistency, which I like.  If you want it harder, stick it in the freezer to ripen for another hour or so, until it is as you like it.  The above picture was 1 hour in the freezer after it came out of the ice cream maker.  I have a scoop on top of a brownie cookie, which I made in my whoopie pie pan.  I was intending on making ice cream sandwiches, which I could have done, but I think next time I'll spread the brownie mix thinner in the whoopie pie pan to make thinner cookies, which would be less calories and carbs to make into a sandwich with the ice cream.  But one brownie bottom with a scoop of ice cream topped with Walden Farm's Caramel sauce which is zero carbs or calories suited me just fine.  It was exactly what satisfied my desire for a sweet, cool sensation on this very hot humid day.  It seems all of this summer has been that way.  You'd have thought I'd be living on ice cream all summer long.  I can't say why I haven't!  Maybe man cannot live on bread alone, but I do think I could live on ice cream alone for the entire hot summer just fine.  


QUICK AND EASY VANILLA ICE CREAM                      

1 1/2 cups  heavy cream
1 1/2 cups  almond milk, unsweetened -- (I used vanilla flavored, Silk brand)
3/4 cup  your choice sweeteners -- (I used 12 drops liquid sucralose and 1/4 cup xylitol)
1 1/2 teaspoons  vanilla
1/4 teaspoon  salt

In medium mixing bowl, add heavy cream, almond milk, sweeteners, vanilla, and salt.  Whisk together well.  

Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer instructions.  

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Makes about 3 cups/6, 1/2 cup servings/Per Serving: 218 Calories; 23g Fat (93.1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber

Entire recipe: 1308 Calories; 136g Fat (93.1% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber

CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
                
2 oz.  unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup  coconut oil -- or butter
1 cup  sweeteners -- (12 packets Truvia, 1/4 cup xylitol, 8 drops liquid sucralose)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp.  vanilla
1/2 cup  almond meal
1/4 cup  flaxseed meal, golden
1/2 tsp.  baking powder
1/4 tsp.  salt

In medium saucepan, over medium low heat, melt chocolate and oil. Remove from heat and add sweeteners, eggs, and vanilla.  Mix well, and add the remaining ingredients.  Stir well and pour whoopie pie pan to fill 9 cups in the pan. Or spread evenly into 12 cups to make thinner to use for ice cream sandwiches or whoopie pies.  Bake in pre-heated 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.  Do not over bake!  The longer you bake, the more cake-like, the less, the more fudgy, and brownie-like.  

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

9 Servings/Per Serving: 169 Calories, 15 g fat, 6 g protein, 5 g carbs, 2 g fiber
12 Servings/Per Serving: 127 Calories, 11 g fat, 4 g protien, 4 g carbs, 2 g fiber
Entire Recipe: 1519 Calories, 138 g fat, 50 g protein, 48 g carbs, 18 g fiber




5 comments:

  1. Can you please tell me how to sub the packets of Truvia? I have a container of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, here is a link where it tells you how much Truvia to use to replace sugar: http://www.livestrong.com/article/427911-how-to-cook-with-truvia/

      Here is a guide I have gone by...
      2 tbsp = 3 packets
      1/4 cup = 6 packets
      1/3 cup = 8 packets
      1/2 cup = 12 packets
      2/3 cup = 16 packets
      1 cup = 24 packets

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...