Sunday, October 28, 2012

CHEESY LOAF OF BREAD

 I could not be more pleased with the way this bread turned out!!!  This is a spin-off from my Cheese and Wine Bread recipe that made one nice bread bun you could slice in two and make a nice sandwich with.  I loved it, and wanted to be able to make a whole loaf of bread the same.


This turned out to be just what I wanted in flavor, texture, aroma (yes, aroma is so important!) I simply multiplied the Cheese and Wine Bread recipe 8 times, put it in a loaf pan and this is what came out.  It's hard to let you know just how high it rose in a picture.  So I took a picture of it in the pan so you can see it from that perspective as well.

You can see how it just rises above the top of the pan.  It is more like a banana bread size.


The texture is very close to a real sandwich bread.  If you like bigger slices you can cut it in half, then set the half sliced side down, and slice lengthwise.  I don't think you'll come out with 16 slices then, but you will have larger slices, so it's a matter of your preference.


   
CHEESY LOAF OF BREAD                 

8 eggs
1/2 cup  *marsala wine -- (dry)
3 tablespoons  extra virgin olive oil (edit, 1/4/2017 - I no longer add the oil. I find it does not need it)
1 cup  parmesan cheese
1/2 cup  almond flour -- (honeyville is what I used)
3 tablespoons  psyllium seed husk powder
3 tablespoons  nutritional yeast flakes, NOW brand (see note below)
2 teaspoons  baking powder
2 packets  Truvia -- (or 1 tbsp other sweetener)

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line bottom of 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In medium mixing bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, wine, and oil.  Beat together well.  Add dry ingredients: Parmesan cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and Truvia OR other sweetener.

Mix with electric beaters for 2 minutes or until smooth.  Pour into loaf pan.  Bake 30 minutes, then place an aluminum foil tent over the top and bake another 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and turn out of pan onto a wire rack to completely cool before cutting.  An electric knife helps to cut nice even pieces.  I got 16 good slices out of this.

*Helpful Hints: If you don't have wine, you can use cooking wine, or if you choose not to use wine, you can try buttermilk. The wine does seem to add to the flavor and texture and rise, and I haven't tested it yet with buttermilk, but that would be what I would try first, myself.
*Editing this to say I have made it now with buttermilk and I baked it 15 minutes longer and it came out fine.  It did not rise as high with the buttermilk as with the wine but it wasn't that much of a difference.

NOTE: For more information about Nutritional yeast, how it is made, and the health benefits - http://www.truthnhealth.com/2011/10/nutritional-yeast-and-its-benefits/
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

16 Slices/Per Serving: 122 Calories; 8g Fat (63.2% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : 1 useable carb per slice



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...