Tuesday, February 19, 2013

VIDEO FOR CHEESE AND WINE BREAD

So many have asked me questions about the ingredients of this bread that I decided to do a video and demonstrate how I make it in my GT Xpress.  Others have done this in the microwave or oven as well.  I hope the video is helpful for those of you who have asked about some of the ingredients and what it looks like, size, etc.  I will also add links to my other recipes that have come from this recipe.
Cheese and Wine Bread




CHEESY BREAD-DOUBLE RECIPE-FOR GT XPRESS                    
     
1/4 cup  Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons  almond flour
2 teaspoons  nutritional yeast flakes, NOW
2 teaspoons  psyllium seed husk powder
1/2 teaspoon  baking powder
1/2 teaspoon  Splenda Granular
Dash  salt
2 large  eggs
2 tablespoons  buttermilk
2 teaspoons  extra virgin olive oil

Preheat your GT Xpress. In medium bowl, combine parmesan cheese, almond flour, nutritional yeast, psyllium powder, baking powder, Splenda Granular, and salt.

Sift with wire whisk until all the lumps are out.

Add eggs, buttermilk, and oil.  Whisk together for about a minute until it is a pancake batter consistency.

Pour evenly into two wells of GT Xpress, filling each about 3/4 full.  Close lid and let bake for 12 minutes.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving-1 bun/Per Serving: 232 Calories; 16g Fat (62.1% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber


If you are dairy free, check out this one
click on picture
Or if you want a whole loaf try this one:
click on picture

5 comments:

  1. I just this minute (literally!) put the single batch cheese-wine version into the oven. I greased my smallest saucepan well, and am hoping 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees works out.

    I found your blog from one of the comments at the Wheat Belly blog, and am looking forward to trying more of your recipes.

    The WBC basic bread has nice texture, but it's a shade too eggy-tasting for me. Maybe replacing with egg substitute will fix it. The WBC flaxseed tortillas didn't brown in 5 minutes, so I left them in - they do make nice crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Further - the saucepan was the perfect size, but it was hard to get the bread out, even very well greased. Hmm, parchment paper on the bottom for a single recipe? Otherwise, multiply it and use a different larger pan, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, wondering why you would have a hard time getting the bread out. The only way I have baked it is in a corning ware dish. I didn't have trouble getting it out, so maybe different type pan works differently. I don't know. The Cheesy Loaf of Bread is this recipe multiplied to fit into a loaf pan for a whole loaf. You might want to try that one. Thanks for reporting back! I'm glad you found my blog and hope you'll enjoy more recipes. :)

      Delete
  3. I just tried this recipe and it is by far the BEST lo carb bread I have ever made and tasted! Thank you! YUMMMMM I made it in a meatloaf pan and it was perfect little sizes for me (I made four smaller ones). Did not have a problem getting it out of the pan. I will definitely be making this one alot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that makes me so happy! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...