Tuesday, November 12, 2013

CHICKEN PEPPER STIRFRY WITH PUMPKIN SPICE SALSA


Wonderful Fall flavors in this very easy stir-fry just blend together to make a delicious experience for your taste buds! My family loved it, so even though it turned out a bit higher carb than what I usually make or post, I decided to post it anyway.  I normally stay around 12g carbs or less per meal, but this was worth a little extra and so healthy besides with all the vitamin C and nutrition of peppers.

PIN--> http://www.pinterest.com/pin/774124909732611/

This recipe uses a salsa that I found at Aldi's.  If you have an Aldi's near your house you should be able to find it there.  Another reason I hesitated to post this recipe, since the sauce may not be available to all, since I've only seen this brand at Aldi's.  It was so good though, that it has inspired me to try to come up with my own Pumpkin spice salsa recipe.  That's for the future!  I must!
                   

CHICKEN PEPPER STIR-FRY WITH PUMPKIN SPICE SALSA
         
8 ounces  chicken breast -- cut into strips
   onion powder -- to taste
   garlic powder -- to taste
1 red  pepper
1 yellow  pepper
1 green  pepper
8 ounces  sliced mushrooms -- (I used portabellos)
16 ounces  Specially Selected Spiced Pumpkin Salsa -- (I got it at Aldi's)

In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt some coconut oil or butter, or both.  Add chicken strips, sprinkle liberally with onion powder and garlic powder (I didn't measure, just sprinkled on), and fry until browned.  Remove onto a plate and set aside.  In same skillet, add more oil if necessary, and add red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper and mushrooms.  Stir fry until vegetables are cooked but still crisp.


Add chicken back into the skillet.  Stir all together. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

  ©11-7-2013, Ginny Larsen
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6 Servings/Per Serving: 124 Calories; 3g Fat (23.7% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...