Friday, September 2, 2016

Avocado Pesto With Zucchini Pasta





This recipe was not my original idea.  I saw this video on facebook and then sort of decided just to improvise and adapt it to my own liking. It's pretty much a whole different recipe than the original.  I had some leftover chicken I needed to use up, and I decided to add some bacon and my own seasonings.  You could easily just make the avocado pesto and mix it with the zoodles for a delicious side dish as well.  I loved loved loved this!  I have had to grow into liking avocado.  There are only certain ways I'll eat it.  So I was a little hesitant to try this, but I did, and am so glad! I felt like I was eating a very scrumptious pasta dish at a fancy Italian restaurant.  It was very filling! I made this for 1 serving, and it is a very hearty 1 serving at that!

The picture is actually taken after I ate about a third of it!  I had not intended to make a post out of this but it was so good that I decided on the spur of the moment to take a quick picture and post.

                   

Avocado Pesto with Zucchini Pasta

Recipe By     :Ginny Larsen
Serving Size  : 1  

2.5 ounces  avocado (or 1/2)
1  tablespoon  lemon juice
1  teaspoon  olive oil
1  teaspoon  Basil Pesto, Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro
1/4  teaspoon  salt -- or to taste
1/4  teaspoon  onion powder
1/4  teaspoon  garlic powder
2 slices  Center Cut Bacon, Specially Selected
3.6  ounces  chicken breast -- cooked and diced
6.6  ounces  zucchini -- made into "zoodles"

In small bowl add avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, basil pesto, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.

Mash with a fork and mix together until creamy.

In frying pan, sprayed with non-stick spray, add bacon and cook until crispy.  Break into pieces and add chicken breast and heat together until chicken is warmed.  Add zucchini noodles and avocado pesto mixture, and stir together, cooking for a couple minutes until "zoodles" are tender but do not overcook until soggy!  You want them to resemble al dente pasta.

Source:
  "adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/246342/avocado-pesto-with-zucchini-pasta/"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

356 Calories; 24g Fat (60.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : Nutritional info is based on what I used.  If you use different amounts be sure to adjust.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...