Friday, February 17, 2017

LOW CARB GRANOLA (GF)


I'd like to pass on a great recipe that I discovered on YouTube recently and tried.  If you've never checked out HomeMade Healthy be sure and do so for some awesome recipes.



I loved this recipe!  I made a larger batch and made some adjustments for myself, just because I always do.  I used what I had on hand and wanted a large batch.  Her recipe is in the notes under her video. I have never really been a granola eater, but I just became one. I had a half cup this morning with a little Cashew milk and it was very filling. I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. before the Rooster crowed and had breakfast and it's 9:30 now and I am not at all hungry.  I plan on heading out to an exercise class this morning at 10:30 so I'm fueled for the morning.

Thank you Lisa and Rob for a great recipe!
Here is my adaptation...
                     
LOW CARB GRANOLA

Serving Size  : 12  

1 cup  slivered almonds
1 cup  pecans
3/4  cup  coconut oil -- melted
1/4  cup  Torani vanilla flavored sugar free syrup
1/4  cup  Pyure (equal to 1/2 cup sugar)
1/2  teaspoon  salt
1 cup  almond flour - Honeyville
1/2 cup  whey protein isolate, Isopure
1 teaspoon  vanilla extract
1 tablespoon  cinnamon

Roughly chop slivered almonds and pecans with a chopper, knife, or in a food processor.

In mixing bowl add chopped nuts, melted coconut oil, Torani syrup, Pyure sweetener, salt, almond flour, whey protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix together until well incorporated.

Line a large baking sheet with sides with parchment paper or a silicone mat.  Spread mixture out on pan.

Preheat oven to 300F.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes checking after 20 minutes and baking longer as needed until crisp.  It gets crisper as it cools also.

Cool completely and break up into pieces. Store in ziploc bag or covered storage container.

Description:
  "Eat in a bowl with almond or cashew milk as a cereal or use to top yogurt or pudding or ice cream"
Source:
  "adapted from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg4w1Xk6Zkw"
Yield:
  "6 cups"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 318 Calories; 31g Fat (82.3% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : per 1/2 cup serving (12 servings): 318 Calories; 31g Fat (82.8% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

per 1/4 cup serving (24 servings): 158 Calories; 15g Fat (82.8% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber

per 2 tbsp serving (48 servings): 79 Calories; 8g Fat (82.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;




1 comment:

  1. This granola is DIVINE! Thank you for such a delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...